FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy+Paste an effect parameter

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Worsfold
Copy+Paste an effect parameter
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:37:24 am

Hi all

Sorry. This is probably the most basic, ridiculous question ever - coming from someone who hasn't used MC for years and is now getting back into it (FCP refugee!). Anyway....

All I'm trying to do is work out how to copy and paste an effect parameter from one clip to several others. In this case: I've Automatic Ducked a sequence out of FCP (my old showreel to be recut) but not got the settings exactly right so any SD material from that timeline has come in to the new Avid timeline at 200% due to me exporting new MXFs from FCP.

Now, I don't want to bother with the export from FCP again so just want to scale those clips back down to 100%. Did the first one using Scale in the Effect Editor. But don't really want to go through each and every clip. Is there a simple way to just apply that scale to all the clips I need? Must be something I'm overlooking.

In FCP I can just copy a clip and then paste the attributes. Which also allows me to copy filters across a selection. Surely Avid has some similar way or it's own approach?

Please help. I am feeling rather stupid at this moment for not being able to do this. And can't seem to find anyone else out there on other threads that is stupid enough to have needed to ask!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Copy+Paste an effect parameter
on Jun 8, 2012 at 12:50:55 pm

Select all the clips that have been erroneously scaled, then click the remove effect button.

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on Jun 8, 2012 at 2:24:41 pm

Copy the Scale Effect, as you've adjusted it, into a bin, select all the clips to be changed with the segment tool (Red arrow) then double click the effect in the bin.
(You could try highlighting one of the clips with the segment tool and hitting delete. That removes the topmost effect on the clip, so it may remove the 'wrong'effect that's already on there.)

And by the way, the only 'ridiculous' question is the one that should be asked and isn't.

Return to posts index

Jamie Worsfold
on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:17:29 pm

Aaah! Thanks so much both of you.
Excellent solutions. I knew there must be a simple way to do it :)

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
on Jun 9, 2012 at 6:57:10 pm

This is a great tool, and though someone had posted it several months ago, I could not make it work for me, till I found what I consider a bug in MC. I have a few effects I use over and over again. And in order to organize them, I've color coded them. Effects icons that are color coded will NOT apply to multiple clips using this method. Once I removed the color on the effect icon in the bin, this worked.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]