FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Do You View Closed Captioning On HDCam???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Taylor
How Do You View Closed Captioning On HDCam???
on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:46:10 pm

I would like to confirm that the captioning information on a number of HDCam tapes is correct (or if it even exists)

I have read many posts and they are all related to putting the captioning on the tape but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually see the captioning information on a HDCam tape.

I have a Sony HDW-S2000 HDCam deck, Avid MC5.5 with adrenaline, and Premiere 5.5 with a Matrox MXO2 LE. Can anyone tell me how to actually view the captioning text with this equipment? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How Do You View Closed Captioning On HDCam???
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:02:28 pm

you need a monitor that will decode it. Not many consumer models will do this. Actually, i don't think a lot of broadcast models will do this. We have Professional Sonys, and Panasonics in our facility, but to check HD captioning, we have to run it through our VTM Waveform setup - that also has an cc decoder built into it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Brad Taylor
Re: How Do You View Closed Captioning On HDCam???
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:59:04 pm

Thanks for the info but we eventually found a work around. We dubbed the HDCam tapes to XDCam and then imported the files into Sony Vegas. (you have to first set up the decks to send and recieve captioning wich was a nightmare) From within Vegas you can extract the closed captioning information and see it play out in the program monitor. You can also adjust where the keyframes for the captioning are and I believe you can also change the actual text as well. Who knew Vegas was usefull lol!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]