FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to incorporate clean externally recorded audio into a multi-clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
How to incorporate clean externally recorded audio into a multi-clip
on Jun 3, 2012 at 7:47:40 pm

Hi all,

I have to create some grouped multi-clips but none of the cameras have clean audio. The good audio was recorded separately on a zoom recorder. I know how to create the multi-clip but how do I incorporate the clean audio into the multi-clip so that entire group is using the clean audio when I cut back and forth? Thank you.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: How to incorporate clean externally recorded audio into a multi-clip
on Jun 3, 2012 at 7:59:22 pm

I usually autosync the clips first, and then multigroup them. On my current show, we're running a multitrack recorder with mixdowns on channels 1 and 2, and feeding that mixdown to channels 1 & 2 on our A cam.

In my case, the timecode isn't very accurate, so I'm syncing by audio phase. If your timecode sync is good, then you can autosync by source timecode. In my case, I go down the timeline, matching back to the clips, adding an in point and using autosync by in point. If you're using MC 5 or newer, there's an option to include a range of tracks. In this case, I only give the editors the mixdown tracks, which is all they need about 90% of the time. If they need to get the isos, they can match back into them and pull them out, but it makes the tracks easier to work with than have 8 tracks of audio attached to them.

Autosync will take your audio master clip, and your video master clip and create a new sublcip, with ".sync" appended. You can group or multigroup that sublcip like normal after that.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]