FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I apply color correction to all of the clips within a sequence after all the clips already have spectraMatte?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
How do I apply color correction to all of the clips within a sequence after all the clips already have spectraMatte?
on Jun 2, 2012 at 3:29:02 am

I have a sequence of a host against a green screen that is broken into multiple clips. In the past I've always highlighted all of the clips and then double clicked on my saved SpectraMatte effect. This applies the key to all of the clips at once.

However, to apply to color correction fx to the keyed out host I need to step into each clip individually and apply the color correction fx to the 1.2 layer that appears when I step in. This is a bit tedious. Is there any way to expand all the clips in the sequence so I can highlight them all and apply the color correction, or is there some other method I could use?

Thanks for any tips anyone has...

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
Re: How do I apply color correction to all of the clips within a sequence after all the clips already have spectraMatte?
on Jun 2, 2012 at 10:05:54 am

I have no avid by hand right now to try, thus I'm not sure if it works as expected, but you can try this:
Highlight all those clips (with gaps if there are gaps between the clips) and Alt+Double click your saved CC effect in a bin. It applies CC over your SM, but at the same time it will collapse all the clips into One, so you'll have to manually restore the cuts or gaps.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How do I apply color correction to all of the clips within a sequence after all the clips already have spectraMatte?
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:45:46 pm

you can probably apply the color correction on a filler track above your main video track.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Jun 9, 2012 at 7:45:12 pm

That will affect the background track as well, I think. In fact, it is not clear from Matt's post wether he wants CC to be applied prior to Key or to the keyed video... If it's a track 1.2 as he states, that means CC goes first. But at the same time he says "apply color correction fx to the keyed out host" which is different.

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jun 9, 2012 at 9:36:25 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear. On video track 1 I have the background. On the next video track is the host that I have keyed out. It is multiple clips across the length of the timeline. I am able to select all of the clips and then double click on the keyed effect that I have saved. This applies the key to all host clips across the timeline. However, I then want to apply color correction to that keyed you host. I cannot apply it to the track above since that will affect the background.

So far, they only way I can apply the color correction is to double click on each individual keyed host clip to expand it and then drag and drop the color correction. There is no way I know of to expand all of the clips at one time, so I need to expand one, apply the effect then collapse it. Then I double click on the next clip, expand it, apply color correction and so on. I was hoping there was some way to apply color correction to all of the keyed clips without having to expand each of them one at a time.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jun 10, 2012 at 4:10:24 pm

In that case i would just suggest you do it the other way around.

You've come up with a color correction that works for all your green screen shots.- save it to a bin.
Delete your spectra matte keys, batch apply the color correction to all your timeline shots, and
create 1 new spectramatte key that works, copy it to your bin, then alt drag it to every other shot in the timeline.

Might seem like starting over, but will be much quicker than drilling into each shot on the timeline.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]