FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcode from AMA crash

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Brown
Transcode from AMA crash
on May 25, 2012 at 6:13:44 pm

Hi,

I'm helping a colleague ingest/transcode some AVCHD footage from an NEX FS100 camera. He is running Media Composer 6 on an 8 core mac pro. Our workflow is as follows:
Use Shot Put Pro to transfer card data to an external hard-drive.
Link via AMA Volume in an Avid project
Transcode the clips to Avid DNxHD 175x

Quite often the transcode crashes with the following error: "Segmentation fault" in thread "main thread", at address 0x0

The length of clips or amount of clips selected to transcode doesn't seem to initiate a crash. For example, we have successfully transcoded groups of 40 clips at a time but sometimes even selecting 5 short clips has caused this error. It doesn't seem to be isolated to any particular type of clip because we have been able to then select each clip individually and transcode successfully.

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Transcode from AMA crash
on May 25, 2012 at 7:22:15 pm

Have you given read/write permissions to your MacHD drive? If not, give it a try.

On your system drive > right click > get info --
unlock via the padlock icon on bottom right and enter your password
hit the "+" button to add a new permission
Select your specific user account that you are logged into when using MC
then choose to give that user read/write

May or may not help... not an expert but I have seen this warning on Avid forums.

Return to posts index

Mike Brown
on May 25, 2012 at 8:39:00 pm

Thanks for your reply Daniel. I do have read/write permissions to the MacHD. Also checked the external drive. Also tried working off a different drive. No luck...

Thanks again though.

Return to posts index

David Friedman
on Sep 24, 2012 at 6:13:11 pm

Did you ever get this figured out Mike? I'm having exactly the same scenario (only my AVCHD footage is from a Panasonic AF100). Thanks.

Return to posts index

chris malan
on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:06:52 pm

I'm a having the same problem with MC6.5.2.1 transcoding Xvac to 175x, was this ever figured out?

Return to posts index

Tymon Bernard
on Oct 27, 2015 at 1:29:38 pm

We have the exact same problem on MC 8.0 run on iMac 14,3 8GB RAM GEForce GT750.At least 5 out of 16 machines in one of our suites do that. I cannot pinpoint it to particural user accounts though, and the alert comes up as soon as MC tries AMAing the first clip.

Any hope would be great, tried AVID community so far now help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]