FORUMS: list search recent posts

OMF export Symphony 6 - How?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tomberlin
OMF export Symphony 6 - How?
on May 25, 2012 at 5:54:06 pm

Sorry for this basic question, but can someone tell me (quickly) how to get omf out of symphony 6?? I've looked everywhere and it's not an option. The pdf manual says it should be in the export settings but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: OMF export Symphony 6 - How?
on May 26, 2012 at 12:07:58 am

AAF. Newer versions don't do OMF. But AAF is far better (no 2GB or 4GB file size limit) and will embed audio.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on May 26, 2012 at 10:21:50 am

Switch the format tab of your project to an SD frame size and OMF 1 & 2 will be available in the export options.

Pat Horridge for VET Ltd

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Tony Breuer
on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:22:18 pm

Help! After two decades of having assistant editors to do the digitizing and exports, I find myself alone. I thought I knew how to do an OMF from years ago. Boy was that a mistake.

MAC Symphony 6.0.2 OS 10.7.x 16gig Ram

I need to do OMFs. I changed the format settings to 23.976p NTSC Aspect Ratio 16:9 YCBCr601 720x486. Then export "Send to QT movie:, OMF 2.0 Include all video/data, include all audio tracks, export Method: consolidate, 60 frame handles, render video effects, Transcode video to DV 25p 411 OMF, Audio consolidate media, use same folder as OMF File, embed audio in OMF

I'm getting an Export is cancelled warning (sequence Name) is an AMA clip that cannot be exported AS OMF.

I had transcoded all the footage to DNxHD 175 before editing. What am I doing wrong?

Boy do I miss Betacam SP.

;-)

Thanks in advance....

Tony Breuer

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

Tony Breuer
on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:44:15 pm

Help! After two decades of having assistant editors to do the digitizing and exports, I find myself alone. I thought I knew how to do an OMF from years ago. Boy was that a mistake.

MAC Symphony 6.0.2 OS 10.7.x 16gig Ram

I need to do OMFs. I changed the format settings to 23.976p NTSC Aspect Ratio 16:9 YCBCr601 720x486. Then export "Send to QT movie:, OMF 2.0 Include all video/data, include all audio tracks, export Method: consolidate, 60 frame handles, render video effects, Transcode video to DV 25p 411 OMF, Audio consolidate media, use same folder as OMF File, embed audio in OMF

I'm getting an Export is cancelled warning (sequence Name) is an AMA clip that cannot be exported AS OMF.

I had transcoded all the footage to DNxHD 175 before editing. What am I doing wrong?

Boy do I miss Betacam SP.

;-)

Thanks in advance....

Tony Breuer

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

Tony Breuer
on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:48:07 pm

OOPS! Make that Symphony v 6.0.1.1
OS 10.7.4

Tony