FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for AVID DS Nitris Training

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic Lucas
Looking for AVID DS Nitris Training
on May 24, 2012 at 5:18:24 am

Hi All,

I have a big editing job coming up in a few weeks and I need to learn/ take a class to familiarize myself with the basics of AVID DS Nitris. Can anyone recommend a place in NYC, LA or Chicago to learn? I tried FMC Training but they won't be offering anything until end of august. I'd also be open to private tutoring and/ or a good training book recommendation. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Nic Lucas

Return to posts index

Declan MacErlane
Re: Looking for AVID DS Nitris Training
on May 24, 2012 at 1:06:43 pm

Hi,

I am Avid certified and can train you in DS but you'd have to come to Dublin, Ireland :-)

Otherwise your best bet is get another freelance certified trainer. Try DS google list. There are quite a few very knowledgable and helpful trainers there and I'm sure you could get someone local. The DS list is also a really helpful and friendly forum for anything DS related.

https://groups.google.com/group/ds-list

Good luck,
Dec

Return to posts index

Nic Lucas
on May 24, 2012 at 4:57:21 pm

Thanks for your response Declan! I will continue to look through it. That is very helpful!

Return to posts index

Nic Lucas
on May 24, 2012 at 9:09:53 pm

Thanks for your response Declan! I will continue to look through it. That is very helpful!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 24, 2012 at 2:07:49 pm

Nic, i've been on DS since 2000. There are not a ton of the machines around, but being in New York, you should be able to find a few. My biggest concern is your time. Are you just trying to cut, or do you need to learn DS for all its finishing aspects as well. Just cutting, it isn't toooo different from Media Composer.(they have been trying to make it more and more like media composer for years) If you want to learn finishing on it in a couple of weeks, you may be in for a bumpy road.

Check out the Avid Site, you can download the program, and it will run in training mode, without a valid license. You can't capture from tape, or output, but you can import files. There are also lots of tutorials around the site, and the DSWiki pages as well.

Good Luck

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]