FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dongle

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Davis
Dongle
on May 23, 2012 at 7:33:31 pm

Hi all,

i'm in the process of a cross grade FCP 7 to Symphony 6. I have a studio I work in but also need to go out of house sometimes with a laptop. For ease of use this would suggest a dongle at an extra cost of around
£200.00. Is anyone working this way? And if so have there been any hiccups.

Thanks for any help.

Danny.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Dongle
on May 23, 2012 at 7:44:51 pm

I'm swapping dongles quite often. I own three, one of them I take back and forth between a portable Mac and my home PC, sometimes an iMac, and I've lent it out occasionally.

But with software activation, you can do the same thing. You just need an internet connection to deactivate / activate the software. It's like a virtual dongle.

Return to posts index

Danny Davis
on May 23, 2012 at 7:52:38 pm

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply. I think the dongle route even at the extra cost might be (for me) a more
streamlined way to go.

Thanks.
Danny

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on May 23, 2012 at 8:23:57 pm

I recommend the dongle if you don't mind the extra cost. I think I'm going to buy one for my Symphony system - had an issue with software activation this weekend. I didn't have anything mission critical so it didn't end up being a big deal, but I've never had a dongle fail when I plugged it into the system. Worse thing I've had happen is to forget the dongle, which is irritating but at least it's my fault and I'm not at the mercy of someone else.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on May 24, 2012 at 2:39:27 am

The trickiest part of putting your license on a dongle is finding the activation site.

So for anyone looking, here's the link.

http://www.avid.com/us/support/upgrade/video

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]