Basic interface question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linton Davies
Basic interface question
on May 23, 2012 at 3:23:04 pm

Hey, take a look, if you will at this screenshot:

http://postimage.org/image/k97hzkxa5/

I want to select the three clips on track two, and their associated audio, and copy them into a different sequence. What is the BEST method to do this? I know obviously i can just opt-shift-click on each item, but it seems a little fiddly. What if there were 20 clips? and it is easy to accidentally click on a cut and invoke trim mode. This is a method i use a lot in FCP, where i can just lasso round the clips in V2 and the associated audio will also be selected. Maybe there is no good equivalent to this. I would be interested to know if any one uses a similar technique in Media Composer.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Basic interface question
on May 23, 2012 at 7:08:17 pm

You can lasso both audio and video in Avid...just like FCP. But, that's not what you do here, as Avid doesn't do COPY/PASTE. Not in the way FCP does.

Mark IN and OUT and highlight the tracks you want to copy. Press "C" to copy to the CLIP BOARD. Go to the PREVIEW monitor and select CLIPBOARD CONTENTS. THey appear there. load the new sequence, cut in the footage.

In the Keyboard settings and COMMAND PALETTE you can also map the OPT and CMD key to the C key...and that will copy to clipboard and automatically load into the Preview monitor...with one click. That's what I do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Linton Davies
on May 23, 2012 at 7:13:44 pm

Shane my man - you are the greatest, as you well know.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 28, 2012 at 7:09:50 pm

You can also just load the sequence into the source monitor, ( you can view this time line by the view source icon bottom left below timeline, no need to load into edit monitor first.) mark an in and out
then just cut ( overwrite or insert) the required tracks directly into the new sequence.
No need for another key to prevent nesting like fcp.

Remember that RTAS operates on a whole track and do not transfer from one sequence to another.

Steve

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Jun 16, 2012 at 10:19:14 am

I normally mark an In and Out, Press option +c, (Like Shane said- it copies it to the clipboard), and it appears in the viewer, and then it's easy to do an splice-in or overwrite, so no need for the mouse.

Cheers

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]