FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crossgrade to Symphony question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
FCP crossgrade to Symphony question
on May 17, 2012 at 6:50:58 pm

So, curious about something. When I give Avid the serial number to my Final Cut system, does that somehow deactivate and end the usage of my version of Final Cut? Does Avid have some sort of magical, digital serial-number shredder?

(Was going to ask this on Avid forum, but got stuck in their disfunctional, endless loop of logging in/linking to my other accounts login, and back again, etc. nightmare of a website. They really need to fix that, but that's another topic.)

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP crossgrade to Symphony question
on May 17, 2012 at 6:51:56 pm

[Craig Hirshberg] "When I give Avid the serial number to my Final Cut system, does that somehow deactivate and end the usage of my version of Final Cut?"

Nope.

[Craig Hirshberg] "Does Avid have some sort of magical, digital serial-number shredder?"

Not at all. They just need to see that you are indeed an owner of FCP. And they track already submitted SN's so that people can't submit the same one twice.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on May 17, 2012 at 6:55:00 pm

Thanks Shane!

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tomberlin
on May 17, 2012 at 10:06:20 pm

[Craig Hirshberg] "(Was going to ask this on Avid forum, but got stuck in their disfunctional, endless loop of logging in/linking to my other accounts login, and back again, etc. nightmare of a website. They really need to fix that, but that's another topic.)"

I second that notion. Can't even seem to get in to check for updates because that part of the site is so convoluted.

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 21, 2012 at 5:45:44 pm

I third that. One of the most difficult to use websites I know.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

David Bankston
on May 28, 2012 at 9:23:09 pm

Avid needs to trash their site and start over. It's a mess of years of continual updates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]