FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid "Find" Tool not working for BBC project.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jez Hunziker
Avid "Find" Tool not working for BBC project.
on May 16, 2012 at 11:44:38 am

I work in the BBC Natural History Unit and I'm setting up an Edit for a new Polar Bear series. We are running AMC vs6 on brand new top spec Mac crates.

The project is very large with alot of P2 clips. Each Clip and Sub Clip has comments attached from the director. For example "Gordon in helicopter MCU reflection in window, thinking heads".

If I want to make a bin for the edit of all clips that mention "thinking heads" (very useful for editor to have when cutting over commentary in documentary format) I search "thinking heads" in the Avid "Find" tool and have say 200 clips in my results.

I now want to do one of the following things which don't appear possible..

1. Add all clips in search results to a new bin labelled “Thinking Heads”
2. Insert/Overwrite all clips into Sequence (Cut all clips to timeline) this would make it possible to scan through to find the right composition ie location.

These are both possible with Final Cut Pro it seems the Find tool in Avid is very basic. Is there another way I can perform this function? Phrasefind doesn’t seem to offer any more options, perhaps there is a third party plugin.

It would be really great to know,
Thanks guys
Jez

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid "Find" Tool not working for BBC project.
on May 16, 2012 at 6:36:51 pm

Unfortunately the answer is no. The results of a "find" (with our without PhraseFind) is limited to clicking each result to either load directly into the source monitor or open in bin and highlight. It is a one by one load... and not designed for logging and media management type operations.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on May 17, 2012 at 10:25:42 am

That was one of the great things about Lightworks in the old days, you could make a bin of absolutely any combination of key words on their filecard system, very useful in longform docs.
(Sorry that doesn't help you Jez, just a trip down memory lane)
(that and the shark).

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 17, 2012 at 11:11:37 am

Yes, Lightworks did have a great management of resulting clips. D-Vision had a nice once as well.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Jez Hunziker
on May 21, 2012 at 9:05:35 am

That's a shame it would be useful, thanks for your advice.
JEZ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]