FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer 5.0.3 on Mac Pro And Closed Captioning

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Daniels
Avid Media Composer 5.0.3 on Mac Pro And Closed Captioning
on May 14, 2012 at 1:47:56 am

We need to start captioning our weekly broadcast per the new FCC regulations. We have been utilizing a service through the TV station that airs our program since January 1, 2012 and have been informed that they are going to double the fee for providing this service.
We are under budget constraints and we want to not eat the extra fees. I would like to explore possible software options that work with MC.
Thoughts?

JD

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Avid Media Composer 5.0.3 on Mac Pro And Closed Captioning
on May 14, 2012 at 4:26:48 pm

708 captions are very tricky. You should probably post in the caption forums. Look into MacCaption. But your best bet is probably to shop around for other facilities who specialize in captions. Charging twice as much for 708 captions doesn't make any sense.

(I'm assuming you're referring to 708 captions when you mention "new FCC regulations")

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 15, 2012 at 7:14:58 pm

Are you talking tape caption or file caption...hd or sd.

Our captioner uses maccaption/caption pro., but he only has the plug in for final cut caption format. Avid format is another expense for him, but I know the work flow is there if you have a kona card. Your final destination and format is a pretty big part of this equation though as SD and HD work flows differ.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Art Morgan
on May 15, 2012 at 9:25:53 pm

Jeff,

We can supply captions as an .SCC file (or 50+ other formats), which you can then encode into your delivery file or tape. Prices are very reasonable, no need to buy expensive software, and no extra charge for HD versus SD.

There are several options using Avid, but I am pretty sure we can find a workflow that meets or beats your current budget. Contact us at 877-AST-SYNC, or live chat at automaticsync.com

Art

Art Morgan
Automatic Sync Technologies
http://www.automaticsync.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]