FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match Frame in Avid Symphony 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Hoffmann
Match Frame in Avid Symphony 6
on May 3, 2012 at 6:19:09 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of learning the Avid Symphony 6. I downloaded it and working and got my first problem. Any help is very appreciated.
So I want to match frame a clip in my timeline. I turn all video and audio tracks off but the track where my clip is that i want to match frame.
Then I press "T" and and my short cut for match frame "N" the clip gets loaded into the source window without picture though its black but audio is there. I know this clip has both a video and audio because its in the timeline and i can load it into the source window from my bin. This happens with all clips I try to match frame
What am I missing?
Thanks a lot again and have a great day

Max

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Match Frame in Avid Symphony 6
on May 3, 2012 at 6:57:32 pm

Not sure how your mapping is made..By T do you have that making in to out? If so, that is unnecessary for a match frame....won't affect what your problem is, but just saying....

You should be able to do exactly what you are saying. Only turn on the V1 or V2 track for the item you want to match frame...hit match frame, and you are good to go.

What options are you given if you try to cut what you've match framed back into your sequence? Is there a video track available on your source side? Is it possible the viewer icon on your source side is turned off?
(Little square next to the V1 track)

Try right clicking on your clip and accessing match frame this clip from there. See if it does anything different.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Max Hoffmann
on May 3, 2012 at 7:17:05 pm

Hi Glenn,
OMG great thanks the little square did it.
thanks so much for your reply.

Max

Max Hoffmann
everything_max@mac.com
http://www.everythingmax.com

Return to posts index

David Powell
on May 3, 2012 at 10:01:22 pm

You can turn on and off the auto moving of the video track visibility in the Timeline hamburger menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]