FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro audio issue Media Composer 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason carey
Blackmagic Intensity Pro audio issue Media Composer 6
on May 3, 2012 at 6:14:58 pm

I am just starting to use Media Composer 6 on my Mac Pro with a Blackmagic Intensity PCI card. Now the audio won't feed through the Mac, only the Blackmagic card. Is there any way to bypass the Blackmagic., because I hate to keep having to switch the audio from the Blackmagic to the Mac audio out when I want to use any other application than Media composer.

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro audio issue Media Composer 6
on May 14, 2012 at 3:42:46 am

I have the same issues with my PC version of Media Composer 6 and the Intensity Pro card. After the clip is captured it will not play audio on the timeline as it is trying to use the Black Majic card for audio playback. This seems to be counter intuitive and not a very efficient workflow.

If I'm capturing to the local drive and want to edit and playback, I would expect it to use the sound system native to the computer setup or applications settins for this and not try and use the capture card outputs. once capture is complete, the intensity Pro card should relinquish control back to the system.

This does not occur when using the 1394 Firewire interface.

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

Julian Gil
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro audio issue Media Composer 6
on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:01:05 am

I'm going to bump this thread. I too would like I know if there is a way to by pass the BM card. Even if I have to edit a file or anything I don't want MC using my BM card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]