FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon xf 100 workflow problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason carey
Canon xf 100 workflow problems
on May 3, 2012 at 6:11:38 pm

So I have MC 6 and shot with my Canon XF100. I then copied the contents folder to my hard drive and tried to link to AMA volume.. did not work.. Also tried to link to AMA files. This worked, but I had to open each individual folder with each shot and highlight the MXF file .. not the index or any other single folder. This can cause problems and take too much time..is there a good way to do this without leaving in the CF card?

Also I have problems then transcoding to DNXHD files.. can only seem to transcode to XDCAM.. is there a known issue?

Can someone tell me the best way to use CANON XF files with Avid? Otherwise I will go and use FCP 7
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Canon xf 100 workflow problems
on May 3, 2012 at 11:08:53 pm

Did you install the Canon AMA plugins?

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access/plug-ins

Install the Avid AMA plugin first, then the AMA plugin for Canon XF.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jason carey
on May 4, 2012 at 4:43:18 am

I did all that.. and I can't link to all the files at once from the hard drive, only from the CF card..I copied the whole folder over and am familiar with AMA workflow.. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 4, 2012 at 3:56:01 pm

Are you renaming anything? Is there a backslash anywhere in the naming structure (folder through drive name)?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Frank Dima
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:29:29 am

Hi Jason -

You probably figured this out by now but just in case:

I just got a Canon XF100 today and was tooling around for a while trying to get the Avid MC6 AMA to recognize the volume as well. The first thing is to down load the 2 latest AMA plugins. One is found on Canon's site under the xf100 info page and the other is found on Avid's site - it's the MXF plugin. Once you have those two plugins installed - you can just dump the entire card onto your drive and link it via AMA - it actually works awesome.

As for transcoding to DNxHD - I'll be tackling that in a few days.

Good Luck -
Frank

Return to posts index

chris king
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:04:24 am

Read around, if the AMA can’t help you, a second optimal choice is to transcode Canon XF100 mxf files for Avid. DNxHD seems to be the best editing codec for Avid. Why do you still have problems? Have you set the proper video frame rate and bitrate while transcoding the files. I got a output DNxHD mov output with 30fps frame rate. It worked perfectly in my Avid program.

Source from: http://pc-mac-files-transferring-and-editing.blogspot.com/2013/07/avid-mxf-...

http://video-playback-tips.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]