FORUMS: list search recent posts

an extra frame

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
an extra frame
on May 1, 2012 at 10:21:10 pm

Seems like I know that this is inheirent in Avid but thought I would ask anyway. Avid always adds one more frame past where my out point is. I know FCP did this also. Is there a way to tell it not to?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: an extra frame
on May 2, 2012 at 12:03:31 am

It's based on an EDL (video) style editing which is inside/outside counts. The OUT is always +1. There is no way to change it to a film style approach which is inside/inside counts. But it is for timecode only, the frames you select are the ones in the cut.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 2, 2012 at 4:01:41 am

This is what ALL NLE editing apps I work with do. The only thing I have seen that didn't do this are linear tape-to-tape systems.

This is something you just have to get used to. IN always includes the frame you are looking at, OUT also includes the frame you are looking at. Park on a frame, mark IN and OUT...and you have a 1 frame duration.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on May 2, 2012 at 8:10:09 am

Tjhat's right and if you want a 20 second duration you mark an In then type +19:24 for PAL land and an out or +20:00 and then nudge back 1 frame. It becomes automatic.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on May 2, 2012 at 3:36:15 pm

I know everyone likes to be very technical on this site. But in plain English...no. It will always behave like this. You'll just need to remember to park it back one frame when you jump forward to your out point.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 14, 2012 at 9:14:49 am

On a PC holding alt-cntrl when you select an edit point with the mouse will park on the out going frame ( ctrl to park on the in point.) or mark clip (T) and go to out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]