FORUMS: list search recent posts

ALE Linking to AMA Workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Christie
ALE Linking to AMA Workflow
on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:09:02 pm

I'm trying to match up ALE data that I have captured to AMA Link RED Files. Has Anybody done this? The ALE has been hand crafted with logging Data that I would like to add as columns in the Bin. Can anyone recommend a good workflow for this.

Return to posts index

Ben Wilson
Re: ALE Linking to AMA Workflow
on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:01:43 pm

That sounds similar to a workflow I was researching with CatDV and P2 into my AVIDs.

I used CatDV to create ALE files of my P2 Clips. Then imported the ALE file(s) and AMA'd the P2 volume(s). I then had to modify the AMA P2 Clips to change their Tape Name to match what was in the ALE file. After that, I chose to relink the ALE imported clips, allowing a relink to AMA volumes and unchecking match case..., and then choosing any video format. The ALE imported clips all came online at that point.

At least, I think that's what I did...It's been a while since I did this and I didn't document it...:/

Don't know if that would work with the RED files or not, but it worked for me with P2.

Cheers,

Ben Wilson
Engineering Project Manager
SCETV

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:20:45 pm

You can do a "merge ALE" into your AMA clips. In order for that to work, TAPE, START and END to match exactly. When using AMA, there is no value in the TAPE field, and source ID is being tracked in the SOURCE FILE column. In the ALE, edit the TAPE name in the "column" section of the ALE to "Source File" and the merge should work the same way.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Bill Christie
on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:28:46 am

Thanks for the input guys! Going to battle against this some more today.

Apple Certified Technician and Final Cut Pro Nut

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]