FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting PRORES with Four Audio Channels from AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Quijada
Exporting PRORES with Four Audio Channels from AVID
on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:05:01 pm

Hi, guys. As far as I know, I'd need a blackmagic or kona card to get a prores with four audio channels (1&2 full mix, 3&4 Music and effects). I was wondering if there's a workaround with my actual setup so a new card won't be needed.

I have a MC 5.5 running a Mojo DX, by the way. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Exporting PRORES with Four Audio Channels from AVID
on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:17:17 pm

The limitation of having to have hardware for multi-track file-based audio exports is strange... or needs a design upate, but it seems to me that you should be able to do it with the Mojo DX hardware. Are you set up for "Direct Out" in your audio settings? I believe that is the key to non-stereo mix-down exports.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Exporting PRORES with Four Audio Channels from AVID
on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:58:24 pm

Michael's right. In 5.5, set your Audio Project/Output settings to Direct Out. This enables you to send audio tracks in the timeline to physical outputs of the Mojo DX. I believe with the Mojo DX it'll give you the ability to output up to 8 individual audio channels.

From there, you need to export a QuickTime Reference file. Make sure in your export setting that you do not choose Mixdown Audio Tracks. The reference file will point to your individual tracks. From there, open the ref QT in QuickTime Pro. Do a "Save As" to a self-contained movie, and you're done. Transcode from that file to ProRes.

This is the easiest way to get there. There are other ways, for sure, but they involve more steps and invite the possibility for error.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]