FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a a clip from the timeline for grouping

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Creating a a clip from the timeline for grouping
on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:10:48 pm

In FCP, after using plural eyes, you can link secondary audio to the clip, drag it into a bin, and create a new clip. Or export a reference clip and re-import it then group based on in-points. I tried exporting a ref clip from avid but I get no video for some reason. Whats the best way to do this?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Creating a a clip from the timeline for grouping
on Apr 23, 2012 at 11:35:34 pm

For each segment in the timeline, mark end and out and subclip (sub-sequence) to a bin. The sequence must only contain a single V1 and any number of audio tracks. In the bin, highlight all the sub-sequences made this way, and select AutoSync from the Bin menu. This will create normal subclips that are synced.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:08:35 am

This is only allowed though with no cuts in the sequence, meaning if I've synced several clips from a 5d onto one track I have to make a separate sequence for every single stop. Is this really the only way?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:18:43 am

That's the sub-sequencing process. I would suggest using option-mark clip with all tracks selected by position the blue bar somewhere in each synced segment. This marks the clip for that video segment. Then you can have the "subclip" button on a another button and move through it pretty quickly.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

frank tourv
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:30:32 am

Major bump but having a similar situation. So far your solution is the best one, but it is still a very lengthy process to subclip everything... As there been any improvements for this since then? I think many Assistant editors have to deal with the pluraleyes - make subclips/clips with the multi track audio.

So far only Premiere hits a homerun because it has its own audio sync(which creates clips of its own). I cant speak for FCP X though...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:38:19 am

Nothing new in this area, with NAB around the corner we can only wait and see if there are any surprises.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]