FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media composer 5.5.2 project corrupted ( video included)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron shadwell
Media composer 5.5.2 project corrupted ( video included)
on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:35:22 pm

Hey all-

I am running a mac pro 8core with 10.6.2 and I am having the following problem:

thanks for reading!!!
check out my rock band

shadwellmusic.com

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
Re: Media composer 5.5.2 project corrupted ( video included)
on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34:02 pm

I have not had this particular problem. However, I've had corrupted files. You might try going into the Attic and finding the timeline the layed before the corruption. It should be saved from a couple of weeks ago...pick the version before the last one. That would be a good place to start.
You can also try playing each video line one by oe. Put the TV icon on V1..and see if it plays. If it does...that line isn't the problem.
Move up to V2 etc. Often titles and effects are the source of corruption. I've had AVID FX corrupt a timeline too. You can often find it by doing the "layer by layer" approach until the timeline won't play. Then you know the corruption is on that line. But the attic could save you.

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:48:44 pm

Here's a great link to get you to the Attic:

http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/understanding_the_avid_attic.php

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:11:24 pm

Opening an older version is a good idea. Make use of your attic anytime you think something has gone corrupt.

I would usually start by deleting my media databases and even my MCState setting file. It'll rebuild when you relaunch.

Rename your AvidMediaFiles folder to something else to put all your media offline...do you still get the error?

If it is a piece of corrupt media, on your timeline, not only can you try to narrow it down by playing your tracks out individually, you can set in and outs on the track and doing a "play from in to out" Mark an in at the head, and an out in the middle, and play from in to out. If the corruption remains, mark your out 1/4 of the way through the timeline. Keep doing this until you track down where the corruption ends. I've used this method to find bad media in the past (and corrupt title files)

If corruption still exists, open a clean project and bring bins from the corrupt one in, one at a time to see if you can find the corruption. This may tell you if the problem is the project, or a bin within the project.

If you have access to another computer, load AVID on it, and open the project on it (sans media) to see if the problem persits.

Troubleshooting is always fun.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]