FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid quicktime export and render

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Baril
Avid quicktime export and render
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:42:30 pm

HEllo all,

Fairly new to Avid ( 6.0.1 ), we have this project in DNXhd36 and we need to get a movie out of it for approval. Now the way I understand it ( and correct me if I am wrong ), is that you need to render everything in your timeline in order to be able to export a quicktime movie. Personally I would like to create a quicktime reference movie, so that I can use compressor and its cluster to create an H264.

But even if I am right so far, I have a 50 min. timeline and when I select all tracks ( audio and video ) and put in/out at beginning and end, hit render, it goes through all of them ( 1250 effects to render ).
When I try to export a quicktime reference out of it, it fails.
Question : do I need to put specific options in the quicktime reference panel to get a quicktime reference? It have work in the past...

Now what is really strange is that If I take the same sequence and hit render again, it goes through all the effects again ( 1250 ) like it did not kept them at all from the first time ( even if all the green dots are gone!!! )

Basically, can someone explain the "How to" of exporting quicktime reference movies out of Avid?

Thank you very much!!

Pat

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Avid quicktime export and render
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:12:33 pm

QT Ref can sometimes be buggy. Either do a Same-As-Source export, or first do a video mixdown, then do a QT Ref export.

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: Avid quicktime export and render
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:38:07 pm

[Job ter Burg] "QT Ref can sometimes be buggy"

I agree with Job. Yesterday one of my collegues did a QT ref and some shots did not show up anymore, there were just 'black' slugs in the movie file.

Avid/FCP Editor, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]