FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting MXF from 25fps to 24fps

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Luede
converting MXF from 25fps to 24fps
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:16:22 am

Hello,

I am a postproduction supervisor trying to help out our picture editor ;-)

For our 25fps-project the post house exported 25fps-MXF-files for the mixing stage. As we will produce a Dolby MOD with 24fps, I have to convert the MXF-files from 25fps to 24fps. As the imgae in the mixing stage is played back from an AVID MC5 (or 6?) I would like to adapt the files in MC. I googled a little bit and my questions are:

- Is one way of achieving this to import the 25fps-MXF-files into a 24fps project and correct the speed of the clips in the timeline from 104% to 100%?

- Is it necessary to render afterwards? playback seems to be fine without...

- Will changing the speed affect sync issues i.e. edits not being exactly where they should be, varying sync, e.g.

- I need to make sure that this method is 100% correct, as we won't have a 24fps-print to check sync when recording the Dolby MOD.

Thanks,

Tom

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: converting MXF from 25fps to 24fps
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:20:47 pm

If Mix and Match kicked in, there will be a green dot on every event. You can open those motion effect adaptors and change it back to 100% rather than 104% (no batch process for doing so).

You could always treat the sequence as an output to tape via a QTrefence out then back into the 24p project rate and setting "ignoreqtrate true" in the console. This will cause a frame for frame import resulting in a 24fps slow version of the 25fps media. The same can be done via AMA by typing 'SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate true 24.000' into the Console before AMA-linking. 'SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate false' turns it off in the same session. I don't believe the command persists when shutting down and coming back in.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]