Avid Symphony Upgrade/Crossgrade Offer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hancock
Avid Symphony Upgrade/Crossgrade Offer
on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:34:08 pm

Avid released this today:

Avid Symphony Upgrade/Crossgrade

From the article: "The Symphony 6 crossgrade and upgrade offer is available now. Final Cut Pro (excluding Final Cut Pro X), Media Composer (any version), Xpress Pro, and Xpress DV owners can purchase Symphony for $999 USD. This limited-time offer expires June 15, 2012. For eligibility requirements and more information, please visit avid.com/symphonypromo."

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: Avid Symphony Upgrade/Crossgrade Offer
on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:53:49 pm

[Michael Hancock] "The Symphony 6 crossgrade and upgrade offer is available now. Final Cut Pro (excluding Final Cut Pro X), Media Composer (any version), Xpress Pro, and Xpress DV owners can purchase Symphony for $999 USD. "

I find it a little disturbing that I cross-graded then upgraded to MC, and now Symphony is available for less than it took me to do that 2 Step. I've got to think twice on whether I want to spend that thousand bucks on a further upgrade or as downpayment on 2013 Smoke. I DO get that things are crazy in the NLE biz this week, but still...

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Apr 18, 2012 at 7:44:07 am

I agree, I was contemplating the same thing, I should use that money to buy Smoke now, I already spend $1000 when I took the promotion switching from Final Cut to MC5.5 last year. It definitely should be cheaper for MC owners, I mean, why pay $1K for a color correction tool that I'm not going to use having Resolve, and the Boris FX upgrade from the MC5.5 license I think is $399.

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
on Apr 22, 2012 at 3:13:42 pm

Actually, you might find the Symphony colour correction to be sufficient for a lot of jobs that don't need an elaborate look applied, just some balancing and matching. A correction done on one clip from a tape, file, or whatever you specify, can then be automatically applied to other clips in your sequence from the same source. Even if you never go deeper than the colour tools from Media Composer, this is a biggie. I have been able to, for example, set up an elaborate grade on the A shot of a studio show and apply it throughout on every A shot in under 15 minutes. When there is no budget or time, Symphony I can be amazing. That being said, the Symphony colour tools are desperately in need of a refresh.

Boris Continuum Compete 8 is included with Symphony as well. I think the $999 price is cheaper than an upgrade to MC 6 and BCC separately. MC/Symphony 6 is 64 bit and the difference is noticeable, even if you ignored any new features.

Dennis

Dennis Kutchera
EggStudios.ca

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:52:43 am

I already upgraded to MC6, $1K seems a lot for just that color correction tool. It seems Smoke is way better

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]