FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need recommendation if Avid is the right way to go for this project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Chouinard
Need recommendation if Avid is the right way to go for this project
on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:52:43 pm

I've been making my living with Photoshop, et. al since the Mac Plus days but believe it or not I'm confronted with my very first video project now. I have to do a rough cut of a half hour infomercial and I have to do all the effects (the logos of magazines coming at the viewer, the CD sliding into the jewel case, the book opening to the page where BLA BLA BLA is discussed, you know, the usual cliched infomercial stuff). I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or do stuff that is overly complex, but I do need something that is capable and can do what I need. Note that this is only a rough cut for the actual video but I do have to produce the final motion graphics and effects. I have a killer PC so power and memory are not issues (Core i7 2600K, 16 GB RAM, all SSDs, etc.) So I'd really appreciate if the resident gurus could help this neophyte to figure out what to get and what to do! Thanks in advance!

Note, I'd placed this in the Avid Forum, so I don't know why it ended up in Photoshop! But anyway, any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Need recommendation if Avid is the right way to go for this project
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:28:13 pm

I would do the motion graphics in Adobe After Effects. You can get a fully functional trial.

After Effects is basically Photoshop in motion (plus a whole lot more). Avid is a great editor but it's not in the same league for motion graphics as Aftet Effects.

Return to posts index

Jan Chouinard
Re: Need recommendation if Avid is the right way to go for this project
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:45:01 pm

The only reason I was opting for an Avid is the price, but if I can get the demo for Adobe After Effects that would be great. Now I also need to do very basic 3D human figures (think of the wooden people in the Robaxacet commercials) which I can set up in about 70 different static poses. Any good suggestions on software for that? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]