FORUMS: list search recent posts

ScriptSync problem with mark adjustments on certain clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Hahl
ScriptSync problem with mark adjustments on certain clips
on Apr 8, 2012 at 6:15:45 pm

ScriptSync wont allow me to add or change markers for certain old archival footage. I can't do any manual adjustments on those clips. I can do manual adjustments on other clips though. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a work around?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: ScriptSync problem with mark adjustments on certain clips
on Apr 8, 2012 at 8:18:40 pm

Are they of the same frame rate as the project, or are you working with mix & match when this occurs? I have never heard of this issue. can you delete marks and start over?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Evan Hahl
on Apr 8, 2012 at 10:50:57 pm

Yes, the project is in 24p and majority of the clips are in 24p NTSC 4:3. But this problematic clips are in 29.97 HD 16:9. I've tried changing the project settings back and forth when deleting the takes and re-syncing the clips with the different project settings. But it doesn't seem to solve anything. The main problem is that I can delete the marks individually but can't manually add new marks. Is there any thing else that I can try? Or basically ScriptSync wont work properly when mixing sample rates? Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 9, 2012 at 12:07:26 am

I am just guessing that is the issue. I would need to do some tests to know for sure. Stay tuned.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Evan Hahl
on Apr 9, 2012 at 3:50:14 pm

Thanks, Michael! So I'm guessing that there's not much of a work around when the sample rates are different?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 9, 2012 at 8:25:13 pm

I am only guessing that this is the issue at this point, until I can get in front of a system to check it out.

In MC v6, when you transcode a clip that is different that the project rate, the .new clip and media become the same rate as the project (while losing all links to the original file, so be careful for EDL, and other such needs). Take that .new clip and drop it on the script and see if you can index, redo marks, and such as a test.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Brian Swanson
on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:07:43 pm

You could also create a new project that is set up in the same framerate as your clip, copy the bin and script into that project, insert markers manually, and return the script and bin to your original project. That would save you the hassle of transcoding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]