FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timelapsing video and rendering

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Guthrey
Timelapsing video and rendering
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:57:14 pm

A good friend and myself did an engine swap earlier this year and recorded the whole process.

I used a GoPro and T3i taking exposures every 5-60sec. depending on the shot, etc. This was no problem using batch processing in Photoshop and importing sequenced images in Avid.

He wanted a possibility of video so he recorded a LOT with a Canon camcorder. 20 hours or so of that footage.

My problem is in the workflow of dealing with all that video footage from the Canon camcorder and turning it into a "timelapse".

If I transcode to a small codec and do a Timewarp of 1000-2000% what happens when I relink to the Hi-res media? Will it render all the video or just the needed frames?

I really would like to just be dealing with just the individual frames but can't figure out a way to "slice" these out of the video.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Timelapsing video and rendering
on Apr 5, 2012 at 5:32:40 pm

Build the timelapse once in highres media. In something that supports it natively. Say After Effects. Make it run the longest you could possibly want it (that way you can speed it up further if desired). Then burn in the timelapse (i.e. render it out into a master quality codec). Import that into Avid and use however you'd like as your new master source. Much easier to deal witha 20 minutes long speed up clip than 20 hours of raw footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]