FORUMS: list search recent posts

[MC5] Creating a project film with Nikon d7000

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lior avital
[MC5] Creating a project film with Nikon d7000
on Apr 2, 2012 at 12:49:48 pm

Hi,
I finished filming a project for school last week with the nikon D7000. The settings were 1080/24p and the sound was recorded with an external recorder(which was set to 30fps in the timecode settings).

How should I open the project? which settings? should I import or link to ama files? and how do I sync the sound?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: [MC5] Creating a project film with Nikon d7000
on Apr 2, 2012 at 2:49:08 pm

I suspect the frame rate was really 23.976, so create a 1080p/23.976 project type. You can AMA to the sources and choose to edit that way or transcode to a native DNxHD format.

The 30fps timecode is not that big an issue as I suspect it was not jam synced to the camera so the timecode is irrelevant for syncing automatically anyway.

Syncing can be done with the AMA linked media or the transcoded clips, but you will mark an IN on picture that matches sound and do "AutoSync" based on Mark In. You will get a new .sync clip with picture from the Nikon and sound from your external recorder.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Lior avital
on Apr 2, 2012 at 3:00:05 pm

Thanks for the fast reply.

How do I "autosync"?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 2, 2012 at 3:06:51 pm

A more detailed version would be in the online help within the application under "AutoSync". But for a quick description... it won't be that "auto" in your scenario as there is no common timecode between the sources. After you mark IN on source, select matching picture and sound clips (two at a time), and under the BIN menu select "AutoSync". Options are described in online manual if needed.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Lior avital
on Apr 10, 2012 at 11:54:41 am

Thanks again.

One more question. I'm trying to transcode the video clips.
I chose to transcode to DNxHD 36 MXF(is it right?) and when I transcode I get this message:
"Some clips do not match the edit rate of the current project. Transcode creates new clips that match the current project rate. Because the new edit rate does not match the original clip, you cannot batch capture, batch import, relink or link (via AMA) to these new clips.

Convert or skip clips that do not match the edit rate of the project?"

What does it mean?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:14:05 pm

This means that the frame rate of the clips coming from the Nikon are not at the same rate as the project/timeline. What format/frame rate did you shoot? Make sure you're not in a 24.000 project, versus 23.976.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Lior avital
on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:22:52 pm

That was the problem, thanks.

I have to open a new project, right?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 10, 2012 at 4:53:00 pm

Yes, you need to create a new project that matches the frame rate of the footage.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Lior avital
on Apr 13, 2012 at 1:37:45 pm

One last question. If I wanna Autosync a video file with two audio files(since the audio recording was stopped in for a few seconds) how can I do that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]