FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blank Space at end of timeline in Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cammie Noel
Blank Space at end of timeline in Media Composer
on Mar 28, 2012 at 12:31:56 am

Finally finished my video in MC BUT i cannot figure out how to get rid of the huge blank space at the end of the timeline. Probably some simple thing. Tried marking in and out points for export but the blank space went along for the ride...Help! Thanks! : )

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Blank Space at end of timeline in Media Composer
on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:01:52 am

Open your title tool. Don't type any text, set your BG color to black and create the title media. Instant black slug.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:01:15 am

You misunderstand. She wants to get rid of black at the end. Unless I misunderstand.

Is there black at the tail of your sequence?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:05:32 am

Exactly. But since you can't insert filler at the end, like you can at the beginning, you can use this as a work around to create black slug, and throw it at the end.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:33:45 am

i think she wants to take out the filler at the end, not add it, in which case one way to do it is add an edit across all the tracks then extract it out.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:31:06 am

Thanks . yes that's it no black at the end... but how again? How do i extract the filler ? Still confused. Have figured out many things since my last post, and it has gone well . This i still do not understand. Thanks very much.I want all of this space in the timeline after the video gone.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Mar 28, 2012 at 11:37:31 am

In the timeline, after your last video, mark IN, press end on keyboard mar OUT, select all tracks, use yellow extract/cut and the last frame of video in your timeline should now be at the end.
Also, if you have a mark IN and Out of your video for export, simply do as William suggested and in the export box, check use marks, then only the section of the timeline from IN to OUT will be exported.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:26:14 am

Thanks everyone, I had initially tried to use in and out points and neglected to check the correct box...such a simple thing yet i missed it. I did check the appropriate box and it finally worked correctly. THANK YOU !!

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on Nov 12, 2014 at 6:57:20 pm

Hello,
I am trying to do the same thing - erase black from the end of the timeline. I know a workaround is just to sub clip what I want from the sequence. However, for some reason, creating an in and out point in the timeline at the end where there is dead space, and pressing extract or delete is not working. I have never seen this before. Not sure if this is just a bug or if there is a workaround for when this occurs.
Thanks,
Sarah Furie

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Mar 28, 2012 at 7:44:26 am

[Cammie Noel] "Tried marking in and out points for export but the blank space went along for the ride..."

You probably didn't have "use marks" selected in the export settings, which will export the whole sequence regardless what your I/O marks are.

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Mar 29, 2012 at 6:53:46 pm

Yes that is correct i did not. Finally saw that. such a simple thing

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Mar 29, 2012 at 7:02:29 pm

If you don't know, you can also duplicate your export settings, rename them, and customize them. I always have an export setting saved as Quicktime Reference Use Marks that ignores the track selections but uses my In/Out marks. Then I duplicate it and make a Quicktime Reference Use Marks and Tracks where it exports just the tracks and marks. The third is Quicktime Reference No Marks or Tracks.

When I export I just pick the one I want and don't have to change it every time. Works with any export settings, so customize away.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]