FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 6 saving exports settings and timeline settings

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
MC 6 saving exports settings and timeline settings
on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:30:53 pm

Just curious, anyone else having problems with Media Composer 6 on Mac OS Lion not saving their export settings? Every time I quit Avid and restart, my saved export settings are nowhere to be found, like it's a new program all over again.

My user settings are saved, but not the export settings.

Also the timeline settings default to having the "Show Effect Contents" checkbox selected, which is very annoying. Same as above, it always defaults back to it.

Oh, one more buggy thing while I'm at it. When I double-click a clip to bring it into the source monitor, the highlighting of the clip in the bin goes away, and I lose track of which one I'm on while going through clips in a bin. What's up with that?

Craig

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: MC 6 saving exports settings and timeline settings
on Mar 28, 2012 at 7:59:04 pm

[Craig Hirshberg] " Just curious, anyone else having problems with Media Composer 6 on Mac OS Lion not saving their export settings? Every time I quit Avid and restart, my saved export settings are nowhere to be found, like it's a new program all over again."

Sounds suspicious. Have you tried a new user?

[Craig Hirshberg] " Also the timeline settings default to having the "Show Effect Contents" checkbox selected, which is very annoying. Same as above, it always defaults back to it."

Do you have anything in the Site settings (under the special menu)?

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
Re: MC 6 saving exports settings and timeline settings
on Mar 29, 2012 at 6:54:01 pm

Jeff,

I feel like a fool. Turns out it WAS a user setting. Strange thing is that my user setting was already new to begin with, not imported from MC 5.5, so I was reluctant to take the time customizing it again.

Sometimes you gotta just go back to the beginning and start over again.

Thanks again!

Craig

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]