FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red feature consolidate

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Huggins
Red feature consolidate
on Mar 27, 2012 at 1:51:33 pm

Avid-ites,

I cut a feature on Avid using AMA and ProRes. I want to now consolidate my Red Raw media into my SAN network for a final conform and color correction. Can Avid pull this media into my SAN and conform the Red media to the cut. Then I will also use a Resolse to read that media for a color correction.

Is this possible, or does the Avid put a 'wrapper' on the Red media that will cause conflicts with Resolve?

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Red feature consolidate
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:15:54 pm

Avid can access the RAW files, but you will need to transcode to DNxHD or Uncompressed HD video before you can export to Resolve. Avid will not allow a pass-through of the R3D.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:36:05 pm

Do you want to color correct/resize, etc. from the original R3D file, or form the conformed and transcoded DNxHD material? Both are possible, you just need to decide which way you want to go.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Joe Huggins
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44:07 pm

Michael,

I tried to remove my post but it apparently did not get deleted. I do need to work from the R3D files. We have gone back to RedCineX to create the pull list. We had lots of flaws in that last time and I thought maybe a project that was cut on Avid could pull in R3D to the SAN so I could relink with a Resolve.

Can Avid do this more effeciently than RedCineX since it can read Red Raw.

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 27, 2012 at 7:40:56 pm

I'm trying to remember your last experience... ;)

Anyway, if you want to use R3D in Resolve, I would create an EDL Pull list in Avid MC by putting the sequence into its bin, decompose with whatever handles you want to have available. Drag and drop all .new clips into a new timeline. Export File_16 EDL. Import into REDCINE X (make sure to have "slugs" active in EDL preferences). From there you can do either a copy or R3D consolidate of the R3D files for use in Resolve. From Avid, create an EDL or AAF for conform in Resolve and link to files within Resolve.

If you started AMA for offline (with transcode or not), you can conform via AMA to the original R3D files and transcode there to MXF wrapped DNxHD of your choice, then send AAF to Resolve via the MXF relink workflow if you want to work with DNxHD as your master. There is no advantage here conforming to just send R3D links for Resolve to use.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Joe Huggins
on Mar 28, 2012 at 6:50:12 pm

Thanks Michael. (I'm not sure I remember my last experience either-smile).

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]