FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode start time on episodic

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Montgomery
timecode start time on episodic
on Mar 24, 2012 at 7:48:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

First off, if there is a better forum for this, please let me know and I'll move it.

So, I have an episodic show I am working on, (for the web) Recently the client wanted a main title attached to the head of every episode, (and the length of this main title was never decided until now) and this was after most episodes had been sent for sound mixing.

In cases like this, would one shift the BITC to now start at the Main Title sequence?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what is the standard workflow for episodic that have main title sequences tacked onto the beginning of the show? Is it included in the offline? Or is it usually not done until the show is prepping for delivery.

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

-J

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: timecode start time on episodic
on Mar 24, 2012 at 11:12:25 pm

Usually you have a program delivery specification detailing duration of slates, layout and content of slates, timecode for program start, audio, tone, levels, etc. I would suggest you have the actual title sequence or slug of the title sequence during editorial for timing purposes.

While some of the requirements may be different for web delivery, many of them are the same. Work backwards from that delivery requirement specification.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: timecode start time on episodic
on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:19:05 am

The title sequence is included in the offline once it's done. Generally that is sometime after the first ep is cut, before any others are locked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]