FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform 60i AMA clips into 23.98 project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
Conform 60i AMA clips into 23.98 project
on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:06:48 pm

Currently I have a 23.98 project with AMA linked clips, some 23.98 other 60i. I want to export a aaf with the media to be colored on davinci resolve. Resolve can handle mixed frame rates as far as I aware. So what is the best way for me to conform/ trancoded/ import the AMA linked clips in my timeline to 23.98? So I can then export a oaf and consolidate the media to a drive, to ship to the davinci system.

Any help is most appreciated

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Conform 60i AMA clips into 23.98 project
on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:13:08 pm

If you transcode your 60i material while in the 23.976p project, it will create native 23.976 via the mix & match feature and now everything will be at the same frame rate - send an AAF from there.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:10:38 am

That's what I thougt but when I did I got the same error in resolve. Maybe I did it wrong. Just to be sure what I did what right clicked on my sequence and chose consolidate/transcode. There I click on transcode set where to create the media (a separate media drive) selected dnxhd 135 and selected ok. When the transcode was completed I selected the new sequence and exported the aaf.

When I import it in resolve I get the error Time extended don't match.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:16:54 am

What version are you running? In 5.5, the Media Composer kept track of the sources and their original timecode rates with commments in EDL as to original rate, etc. In v6, the transcode will convert to local frame rate and there is no reference back to the original sources but should be as though the footage as always the rate of the sequence (23.976 in your scenario).

If you make an EDL, does it look as though it is all 24fps source and record with what you have in your timeline? Does one event work?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]