FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Switcher - How do you turn off an effect?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
FCP Switcher - How do you turn off an effect?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:39:45 am

I apologize in advance, I'm just switching from FCP and it's been a bit harder than I thought. I couldn't find any info on how to disable / enable and effect, at least neither in the manual nor on google.

I know Boris has a bypass button, but for example, I need to bypass a color correction effect and I cannot find a way to do it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
Re: FCP Switcher - How do you turn off an effect?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:12:10 pm

There is no simple way to "bypass" an entire effect in most Avid supplied effects (excepting the supplied Boris effects). You can remove them; look for the little circle/slash icon. I would recommend you save your effect by dragging the effect icon from the top left corner of the effect parameter window to your bin, and labeling it if need be, prior to removing the effect. Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-R to toggle back and forth between the effect in and out.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:13:11 am

Thanks a lot Scott!

Return to posts index

Anna Dolnyk
on Dec 4, 2015 at 2:29:47 pm

Actually, there is an opportunity to bypass the effect. In Effect Editor there is a Dual Split button (right side of Effect Editor). It splits the Effect Preview monitor in half to show the image with and without effects applied to it. If you want to see the whole image without any effects applied you can adjust the Dual Split Image Display by dragging one of the box’s triangular handles in the monitor.

Anna Dolnyk, QA Engineer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]