FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aid MC 6 crash with Boris FX BCC 8 - Update Sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
Aid MC 6 crash with Boris FX BCC 8 - Update Sequence
on Mar 14, 2012 at 4:53:14 pm

So, spankin new clean install of Lion and MC 6 on MacPro INTEL 10.7.3. (I really hope this .3 isn't the problem, that's all that's provided for Lion download).

Open up older project, met with "Update Sequence" box with option to "Promote missing effects requiring missing plug-ins to AVX 2.0". So ok, regardless of whether I check that optional box or not, hit ok, and ALERT "Segmentation Fault at Main Thread, blah blah blah" , then CRASH! MC 6 disappears.

Narrowed it down to Boris, uninstalled BCC 8, and then I can open the sequence. The effects come up as a blank effect. No problem, been here before. Go to install my old BCC effects (BCC 4, 6 etc) and get this message: "You can't open the application Boris FX 6.1 Ltd Installer because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

So here's my dilemma, aside from rebuilding every effect I've ever made in the past. (we often go back to old projects, it's a necessity).

Do I have to uninstall BCC 8 EVERY time I open an old(er) project?????? Do I have to delete the old fx in the timeline and rebuild again?

This is not a good scenario, could really use some help.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
Re: Aid MC 6 crash with Boris FX BCC 8 - Update Sequence
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:35:48 pm

Ran across this tidbit in the BCC 8 Release Notes. Gave it shot - no dice. Not very informative.

Copying Presets from Earlier Versions of BCC AVX:
To use presets created in earlier versions of BCC AVX, you need to copy the older presets from their previous preset location to the new BCC AVX 8 preset folder location. The folder name for presets made in previous versions of BCC AVX did not contain the suffix “8,” although the path was the same. Filter presets are located in individual effect folders inside the BCC Presets 8 folder.

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Mar 26, 2012 at 9:43:26 pm

I am having the same issue, have you had any luck resolving it?

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:34:02 pm

No luck yet, David. But jeremy from Boris FX emailed me that his team had replicated the issue and the engineers are looking into it. I will post back here when I hear something.

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Mar 27, 2012 at 12:58:43 am

Thanks, I was planning on giving them a call tomorrow. I may still do that, just so they know it isn't an isolated incident. I will let you know as well if I hear anything.

David

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Apr 4, 2012 at 3:49:18 pm

Hi Craig,
I don't know if you resolved the issue on your system, but mine stopped crashing when I installed the MC 6.0.1 update. Hopefully you figured this out too.

David

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:19:57 pm

David, were you running MC 6.0.0 before this problem? I've been running 6.0.1 this whole time and still have the same issue.

Craig Hirshberg

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:17:45 pm

Actually it worked once, and now it still crashes every time. Have you had any help from Boris?

David

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Jan 4, 2013 at 6:26:32 pm

UPDATE: I just ran across this on the avid forums. Basically it's been determined that this is a Mac issue only. The sequences can be promoted successfully on a PC, then from what it sounds like, can be transferred back to a Mac as a workaround for now.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/114971.aspx?PageIndex=2

Craig Hirshberg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]