FORUMS: list search recent posts

Passing of Ramsey Marzouk

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Les Kaye
Passing of Ramsey Marzouk
on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:48:11 am

Since I don't know the correct forum (or if there is a correct forum), I'll cross-post to where it would be appropriate.

I simply wanted to inform a few of the post-productions groups that Ramsey Marzouk, the Senior Manager Software Development at Sony, passed away in Chicago last week at the age of 44. Not only was Ramsey a man of great character, but he was also a pioneer in the world of digital editing, having been the Engineering Manager at DVision, later bought by discreet, which in turn was purchased by Autodesk. His involvement ran from DVision on DOS to DVision Pro on WinNT (the first NT based NLE), through discreet edit*, Sony XPRI and Sony's latest NLE efforts.

Ramsey himself was a gentle and modest soul, and he kept a low profile. Still, it can't be stressed enough the deep contributions made by he and his staff to the post workflow that is widely used today. Some of you may have known him, some may have only heard of the NLEs he was involved with, not knowing how influential the features his team introduced to the post production paradigm. So to my humble mind, it simple didn't seem right that his passing not be acknowledged here on the COW.

RIP Ramsey...

http://www.leskaye.net

Return to posts index

dan luke
Re: Passing of Ramsey Marzouk
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:47:14 am

I thought DVision edit was a great program. And I used it right to the end. While I never knew Ramsey, I knew his work and it was stellar. He died too young.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]