FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying effects to multiple clips on a track (Media Composer 6)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Toney
Applying effects to multiple clips on a track (Media Composer 6)
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:56:49 pm

Hello,
I have also posted this on the Avid website.

Here is my issue. I have a project in SD 4x3. All cameras except for 1 was shot in this format. The other was SD 16x9. The clip was ingested via tape deck in 4x3 and the image was squeezed to fill.

Now, here comes the hard part. This is part of a play so I have many edits. I should have applied the effects before editing, but I just plain forgot. I need to add both a Color Correction and a Resize so I can keep all the aspects the same. When I apply the CC effect I was given a lot of filler, however, when I apply the resize effect, using Alt+Click, it makes 1 continuous clip.

Is there anyway to do this correctly so that when I apply the resize effect I won't get reformatting issues on the lines below?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Applying effects to multiple clips on a track (Media Composer 6)
on Mar 10, 2012 at 2:35:13 pm

I'm a little unclear on what you're asking.

I think you're asking this: How can I nest two effects on multiple clips (first a CC, then a resize)

The problem is, to add a second effect requires autonesting (alt click) - but if you have multiple clips selected, autonest instead tries to put all the clips into a single effect (which has some cool uses.)

I think the only solution here is a dirty trick.

Put the color correct on the clips you want.

Then add a video track. Add the Pan & Scan effect to the empty track. Press the Subdivide button. This will create edits. Then select the edits you want the reformat on, go to the effects menu, double click (replacing) the pan & scan with the resize.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]