FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 5.5 and 6 on same system?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
MC 5.5 and 6 on same system?
on Mar 7, 2012 at 7:00:34 pm

So my company is thinking of making the switch to MC 6, which means new operating system and goodbye Adrenaline, but...

We want to keep the Adrenaline strictly for BetaCam capture. About once or twice a year we inevitably need to capture BetaCam.

So I'm thinking having a separate drive on my MacPro bootable to 10.6.3 Snow Leopard with MC 5.5.1 and the Adrenaline on it.

Then our main bootable drive will be the upgraded OS, MC 6, Matrox box (or similar, haven't decided), etc.

Anyone see any major problems with this plan? Will the dongle get blasted when I upgrade to MC 6, and then no longer work on MC 5.5? Another option could be to just use a laptop for digitizing, but that again raises the issue of having firewire on same bus, plus performance.

Thanks for your insight,

Craig

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: MC 5.5 and 6 on same system?
on Mar 7, 2012 at 8:53:17 pm

v6.x dongles will allow you to launch v5.x (and earlier).

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:58:49 am

Thanks to support for third party cards for a few hundred bucks you can have a nice clean analog capture solution. No need to fuzz around with dual boot or a spare station.

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:10:56 pm

Thanks for the replys. Yes, I have indeed dicovered the third party options (hopefully) deliver what I need. Just ordered the Matrox MX02 LE MAX, so crossing my fingers that it beats my expectations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]