FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Systems?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Schmitt
Avid Systems?
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:27:31 pm

Hi,

I have a producer who would like to have Avid on their Mac Book Pro. What would be best for her to get to do simple string outs that will work with my Media Composer 5.5? (Assuming her Mac Book Pro is compatible with the specs). Should she go with the latest Media Composer? Or could she go to a News Cutter or something a little cheaper?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Avid Systems?
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:30:49 pm

Have her get Media Composer. If she's going to do stringouts pretty quickly she could download the trial and run it for 30 days. If she needs it past that she can buy a license then.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Ben Wilson
Re: Avid Systems?
on Mar 6, 2012 at 9:18:00 pm

If she installs MC 6 and you are using MC5.5, test the workflow before putting a lot of time in it to make sure the sequences she creates will load in 5.5.

If the period of time that she will be doing the string outs will be covered for the 30 day trial period, have her download and install MC 5.5,the same version you are using. That way, you don't have to worry about backwards (or in this case forwards) compatibility issues.

If I'm not mistaken, if she buys a license for 6.0, she can contact AVID to get a serial number for any previous version for no extra cost. Similar to the concept of having a dongle authorized for 6 and running any version prior using the same dongle.

Ben Wilson
Engineering Project Manager
SCETV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]