FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to Avid MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin lewis
FCP to Avid MC6
on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:55:12 pm

does anyone have a good suggestion for an Avid media composer 6 for the FCP user book / training?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP to Avid MC6
on Mar 6, 2012 at 2:36:59 am

I have the DVD right in front of me. "Avid Media Composer for Final Cut Pro Users" You can get it from Class on Demand.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
on Mar 7, 2012 at 8:19:01 pm

Steve,

How have you found it? do you learn anything about the deeper aspects of avid or whats happening behind the interface?

I want to be able to edit in it and use effects and grading efficiently, but also understand whats going on and be able to understand why I may have issues and how to resolve those issues.

Robin

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Mar 10, 2012 at 2:08:29 am

Purchase the book "Avid Agility". Between that and Lynda.com training, you'll be set.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Mar 11, 2012 at 1:29:52 am

[David Powell] "Purchase the book "Avid Agility". Between that and Lynda.com training, you'll be set.

"

Seconded.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:04:06 am

Books and online tutorials are great but they can't reposnd to your questions or adapt to your learning needs. They make a great reference and resource but a class is far more useful and quicker at instilling the skills you need.
I suggest an FCP to Avid Transition course (and make sure it's taught by a real editor skilled in FCP and Avid) This is the first step in understanding how the two slightly different working practices translate.
Then do an Avid 101 course. Avid has lots and lots of cool brilliant features that make life for the editor fast and fun and many never discover them. I still show many editors who have used Avid for decades editing tips that we teach in Avid 101 and they've never even known it existed and missed the gains they bring.
A shameles plug but check out http://www.vet.co.uk/training
But there are Avid training centres all over the world if Hoxton Square Londons a stretch :-)

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]