FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't export long timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hatcher
Can't export long timeline
on Mar 4, 2012 at 3:08:37 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to export a huge 4 and a half hour long timeline from Composer that's in DV25 quality. I have plenty of hard drive space, but when I try to export as Fast Export Quicktime NTSC native dimensions, it keeps popping up with "Exception: AUDIOEXPORT_FILE_TOO_LARGE, needed_in_kb_3028903" Now I have way over 4 hours of video space on that drive and it's formatted in NTFS. Any ideas?

Just trying to get this file into Handbrake and make an mp4 out of it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Can't export long timeline
on Mar 4, 2012 at 3:41:13 pm

Try the Send to Squeeze template. It'll either work (giving you a QuickTime ref you can use) or fail...meaning something else is wrong.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 4, 2012 at 4:43:15 pm

Try duplicating your Sequence. Then do an audio mixdown. Delete the tracks containing the original clips leaving only the mixdown. Then try to export.

Return to posts index

John Hatcher
on Mar 4, 2012 at 10:49:04 pm

Thank you guys! Ok, first I tried Jeff's idea, and it exported fine, but Handbrake won't read ref files. That would be a nice addition in a future build! Then I tried the mixdown to one track and that worked great! I still don't know why Avid gives weird errors like that for no apparent reason. What if I was editing Dances with Wolves with multiple audio streams? Yeesh!

Thanks again!
j

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 5, 2012 at 12:17:21 am

Try MPEG Streamclip with the QT reference.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:16:16 pm

You could also try breaking it up into sections and using tools like the command line tools in QT Coffee to combine them after exporting. That way you're not forcing any individual program to deal with the large files.

Terminal is your friend. Command line = power.

Return to posts index

Zoe N West
on Mar 5, 2012 at 5:43:17 pm

I've similarly had this problem before, when export a 2hr17min sequence. I found Mixing down the audio tracks as John suggested worked. After closer examination though, I discovered that the issue appeared to be with audio clips that contained either Pitch or Time shift. When I removed the FX, match backed the audio and replaced the audio in the timeline, and then re-created the FX, it worked like a dream.

Thanks

Zoe N

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]