FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video stopping on reverse with JKL playback

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Frasier
Video stopping on reverse with JKL playback
on Mar 4, 2012 at 12:53:23 am

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with playing timelines with the JKL keys. If I press L to play forward, or J to play backwards, everything works fine, but if I switch direction while playback is going, the video stops updating until I hit K to stop.

Interestingly, if I'm in trim mode, this doesn't occur.

Is this just the way it is? I need to make a lot of new edits in my segments for the project I'm cutting now, and it would be very helpful to be able to be able to scrub back and forth with JKL without the video stopping.

I'm on MC6, if that has anything to do with it. I've played with settings, but I don't think I've tweaked anything relating to this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Video stopping on reverse with JKL playback
on Mar 4, 2012 at 2:12:51 am

Most definitely not normal.

Is this normal Avid media or AMA linked footage?

Return to posts index

Jason Frasier
on Mar 4, 2012 at 7:53:08 am

It's with both. The project I have right now is all transcoded DNxHD 145 1080p footage. It honestly seems like this wasn't the behavior when I first installed MC.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 6, 2012 at 1:17:40 am

Will need way more info on your hardware and software to even begin... But as a quick thing to try...create a new user profile...does the problem persist?

Return to posts index

Jason Frasier
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:24:29 am

It did. I had some extra time tonight, and I uninstalled 6.0.1 and reinstalled 6.0.0, which solved the problem. I got curious and tried moving up to 6.0.1 again, and the problem came back. I'm not discounting the possibility that some obscure setting I have somewhere causes this, but I'm just going to stick with 6.0.0.

If anyone comes along with the same problem, I guess they have something to attempt now!

Thanks for your help,
Jason Frasier
--Boggy Creek--

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]