FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto Gain issue in .aaf file from Avid Media Composer v4 to Pro Tools v10

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mirabelle Ang
Auto Gain issue in .aaf file from Avid Media Composer v4 to Pro Tools v10
on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:20:31 pm

Hi,

I am working a Mac Avid Media Composer v4.0.5.12. We used auto gain with keyframes to adjust the levels within some clips on the timeline. However, when I exported an aaf file for our sound editor, it looks like Pro Tools is linking the last keyframe from one clip to the start of the next keyframe (which is a few minutes later in the film). Therefore, in Pro Tools, it looks like the Auto Gain (which is Volume Gain in Pro Tools) is set to 0. However, I am able to hear the correct levels in the Avid and our guide track sounds fine. Oddly, it's different in Pro Tools.

I did a test and picked a section on the Avid timeline, only exporting a section between keyframes and it looked fine in Pro Tools. The volume gain in Pro Tools now is up, instead of showing it at 0. This leads me to think that there is a bug in Avid but I can't figure out a solution.

Anyone else has a similar experience?

Thank you,
Mirabelle

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
Re: Auto Gain issue in .aaf file from Avid Media Composer v4 to Pro Tools v10
on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:05:23 am

Not heard of this problem before, but have found that most Audio Post guys like to strip away all of my audio work before starting.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCPX
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Mirabelle Ang
Re: Auto Gain issue in .aaf file from Avid Media Composer v4 to Pro Tools v10
on Mar 4, 2012 at 5:43:07 am

I talked to another editor and it seems like it's a known problem in Avid v.4. Apparently there's a fix but I can't find it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]