FORUMS: list search recent posts

red feature conform

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Huggins
red feature conform
on Mar 1, 2012 at 7:18:16 pm

Avid gurus,

We are conforming a feature with Red Raw from an offline. We have a feature with 15TB of original media. We have an EDL. How can we use the EDL to only pull in the raw media needed for the final DI? In essence media manage or ‘batch capture’ shots with handles. My team says ALL the media has to be on the SAN before it can link to the right shots.

Is there no way to bring in portions of the cut from each drive in source order? Are there other programs to manage this inport to my SAN?

I have a 8 day turnaround on thie project. Help!

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: red feature conform
on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:19:43 am

Send EDL to REDCINE X PRO to create new R3D's that can be the entire original file, or the event in the EDL + handles. These new R3D files can then be conformed via AMA. Did the project start as AMA?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Joe Huggins
on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:32:59 pm

Michael,

Good to hear from you. This got stuck in my spam filter and I only saw it Monday. We choose to consolidate using an XML and RedCineX.

The project was cut in FCP, but I thought Avid would have a better tool for importing from multiple drives than any other system.

We'll review this workflow for the next project coming soon with a similar issue.

How's it feel down in NOLA? Best, Joe

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:07:50 pm

Just let me know if you have any questions. I get to telecommute to NOLA from Boston, so it depends on the workload, and which week(s) I am down there.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]