FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt Media 5D Footage - Need advice!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yolanda Solomon
Corrupt Media 5D Footage - Need advice!
on Mar 1, 2012 at 4:04:50 pm

Hello,

I am working with footage that was shot on a 5D camera (1080p H.264 mov). The sound was recorded separately to .wav files and syncd to picture in avid using matching timecode between the sound files and the Aux1 TC of the camera files

The video and audio were sync’d using Avid’s “autosync” function to create new master subclips that have the original clip’s v1 and the audio files a1-5.

The 5D clips were imported into Avid (via AMA) creating clips (Ex:052511_MVI) and then transcoded to 14:1 clips
(Ex: 250511_MVI_0612.new01).

Unfortunately a bunch of the 14:1 footage was corrupted somewhere in the transcoding process and  a "CONSISTENCY CHECK" error message comes up when I try to play down those new 14:1 clips

So my question is how do I reimport (or relink) the offline H.264 5D clips from my backup hard drive and re-transcode them to create new corruption free clips?

When I try to link the offline master clips to the 5D media via AMA, I cannot relink. 

Do you have any suggestions for this AMA workflow? I'm not familiar with the AMA workflow and could use some help.

I am using Avid Media Composer v. 5.5.3 in a Avid 25p SD 16:9 project

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

-Yolanda

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]