FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED ama force re-link???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Baril
RED ama force re-link???
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:24:23 am

Hello all,

Here is the situation. I have a 48 min show, mostly shot in RED Epic. For offline, all RED footage was import through AMA and transcode to DNXHD36. Now for online, I reimport all RED files through AMA and then select the sequence and choose relink. I uncheck everything and chose "any video format" and "highest quality". Upon relink, I would say that probably 90% of my sequence is now relink to the associated RED ama file. But I don't understand why some are not relinked?? The shots are all in my "AMA_RED" bin, they have the same name and same duration... I even try relink of the sequence again with "allowed relink of ama file" but it does not do it.

Is there a way of force relinking the offline media to the imported RED ama files??

Thank you!

Pat

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: RED ama force re-link???
on Feb 29, 2012 at 9:08:39 am

What happens if you first hide the transcoded media by renaming the Avid MediaFiles folders to something like Avid MediaFiles X.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:48:24 pm

You can also highlight all the clips in your second pass AMA bin with the all the clips as well as your sequence and try "relink to selected." That will force the relink process to only look at those clips.

Or... was everything in your sequence done via AMA, or were the clips that are not relinking done via REDCINE X Pro? For those clips, look at both the "Source File" and "Tape" column and see where the file name is being stored. If in "Tape", it will not relink if original R3D file is from a spanned file and contains _001 in the name.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:02:57 am

Are your RED files for online transcoded? Or just linked to AMA?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]