FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF into Avid Question - And I'm new to the app

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Rundell
MXF into Avid Question - And I'm new to the app
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:47:50 pm

If I have MXFs that I need to get into my project, what's the best way? Can't drag into a bin. I get an error. I can't use the Media Tool, since the MFX files are not associated with a particular. Can't import, because there is no reason of rthe app to transcode them-- they are already properly formatted. Do I need an ALE for my project to see these?

Matt Rundell

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MXF into Avid Question - And I'm new to the app
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:57:17 pm

YOu need to put them into the Avid MediaFiles folder, in the MXF folder...in a numbered folder. Make a new one if you want. If there is a "1", make a "2." Avid will then see them, and make databases for them. Then you can view them in the Media Tool...just choose ALL PROJECTS, ALL DRIVES.

Or... after the databases are made, drag the "msmMMOB.mdb" file into an empty bin. It will populate with all the media in that folder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Rundell
on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:34:11 pm

Great, thanks! But how do I create new databases? Is that simply in the app somewhere "refresh databases" or something like that. I'm not in front of the app now. Have it at home. Currently on an FCP job. Soon to be on a Avid job.

Matt Rundell

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:41:01 pm

Just launch Avid. It will see that there is a folder with media, but no database, and it will then rebuild it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Rundell
on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:05:51 pm

Thanks for your help.

Matt Rundell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved