FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid, Premiere, and Final Cut Studio on one Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthew stewart
Avid, Premiere, and Final Cut Studio on one Macbook Pro
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:31:07 pm

I'm trying to figure out how I can set up my macbook pro (17inch) with all three editing suites. I normally just use Final cut and premiere or some app out of those suites together, but I have an editing class next semester that will be using Avid (which I've never used) and I'm wondering if I can run all three on my macbkpr without losing in real time editing or bogging my workflow down at all. I do have it partitioned with bootcamp for a windows only fractal program I have but there's only about 5 extra gigs of space on that. Can I repartition the bootcamp to a bigger size without affecting any of my currently installed programs so I can install avid on that? Does anyone have any better ideas or know if this won't work?

Return to posts index

Glenn L Smith
Re: Avid, Premiere, and Final Cut Studio on one Macbook Pro
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:10:25 pm

You can get Avid on Mac OSX too, which runs just as well as the windows version. Are you asking whether you can run them all at the same time or whether they have different workflows?

Return to posts index

matthew stewart
on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:18:46 pm

Thanks for the response. Yeah, that is what I was wondering. I read in another thread you can't run them all off one bootdrive. Is this true?

Also, I plan on eventually obtaining an hdtv monitor and a matrox for colorgrading. Will all three of these editing programs be compatible with this set up? Do you know anything I should be aware of?

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:35:00 pm

I got all on one boot.. Lion 10.7.2, even got fcpx on there to tinker around with on the slow days and there hasn't been a problem.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:40:50 pm

I have them all on my laptop too. They all run fine.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

matthew stewart
on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:44:26 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the quick respond. I will keep that in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]