FORUMS: list search recent posts

Backup AVID Project Files?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Mohar
Backup AVID Project Files?
on Feb 21, 2012 at 3:15:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm drawing a blank for some reason, my system has gone through a catastrophic failure, and I need to backup my AVID Project files to a external drive.

Now the media is stored on an external array.

Typically when I load projects in AVID, the folder is set to my user directory, and all the projects are listed in the window.

Can I just copy this entire user folder, and then when I get things reloaded, copy all this stuff into my new user folder?

How do you you typically perform PROJECT file backup and restores?

-Ed Mohar
Student of Broadcast Television
Production Assistant at WCNY

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
Re: Backup AVID Project Files?
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:42:20 pm

Yes, you can backup the Project files (the whole directory of them). They're simply the databases which reference your media. You can put them anywhere, really, as long as you remember where.

Chris

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Backup AVID Project Files?
on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:07:16 pm

yes, in fact im currently splitting my time between my office system and my home system. At the office I copy the project folder to my drop box folder...go home and open it directly from the drop box folder. Next time im in the office, copy it back from the drop box folder to my usual projects folder. Keeps a very current backup available, and makes the home system easy to use. I do of course have a copy of the media on drives at home for this to work.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]