FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid media composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Rowley
avid media composer
on Feb 17, 2012 at 11:29:55 pm

Hi there
I have rebuilt my computer and removed all my media etc to another drive. I have now reinstalled AMC but I cant get any of the films to link up with the old media. The drive letters are different, so how has one get back all the media. Do I need to make the existing drives the same name and letter as previous or is there a simplier method that I dont know about. The only button that would seem to do the job is the relink, but that doesnt seem to work either.
Hope you can help
Regards
Bob

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: avid media composer
on Feb 17, 2012 at 11:34:07 pm

Is this captured/imported media or AMA?

As long as the folder structure (Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1) is correct and there are Media Database files normally Avid does not care about drive letters.

Return to posts index

Bob Rowley
on Feb 17, 2012 at 11:48:09 pm

I have both, captured and imported. All the media is sitting on an internal drive but it will not find it

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Feb 18, 2012 at 8:52:41 am

Try deleting the MDB and PMR files and see if Avid rescans the disks and recreates them.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCPX
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Feb 18, 2012 at 6:07:07 pm

Also make sure your mediafiles are living in the exact correct folder on the root of the media drive. So that would be X:/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/n (where 'X' is any drive letter and 'n' is any number). A simple typo or subfoldering will hide the media from MC.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 18, 2012 at 9:03:13 pm

[Andrew McKee] "Try deleting the MDB and PMR files and see if Avid rescans the disks and recreates them."

And after you do that, make a bin, and drag the MDB into that bin. That bin will populate with every clip in that folder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]