FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to send MC Seq clips to After FX??

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill DePalma
How to send MC Seq clips to After FX??
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:44:31 pm

I have been trying, without success, to send clips from a Composer seq to After FX. Even when I try to send a single clip via Quicktime Refrence, when I import that into AFX, I get an error message about incompatibility. Of course this is user error, I am just looking for the standard method you all use to get your work into after FX. I would love to keep my timeline intact as it appears in MC when I get into AFX.
Coming from FCP land and trying to get comfortable.
Thanks so much
Bill

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
Re: How to send MC Seq clips to After FX??
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:19:51 pm

I use Automatic Duck (which is now free) to get my sequences over. However, it utilizese QT Refs, so its a bit worrying that you cannot get a QT ref to work in After Effects. So long as Avid (or the Avid codecs) are installed on the same machine, AE should have no problem with your Avid QT ref. What is the exact error you are getting in AE?

Andy

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCPX
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Bill DePalma
on Feb 16, 2012 at 1:54:29 am

Andrew
Actually, what I want to do is send an AAF file of the sequence and then import via Duck to AE. I think I have my issues ironed out on that from at least regarding AMA linked files.
However, I am not sure why I am having problems with QT reference files. I get an error message from AE saying "file is damaged or unsupported.
I will continue troubleshooting my workflow, clearly a setting that I have messed up somewhere.
thanks
Bill

Return to posts index

Annaël Beauchemin
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:32:10 pm

To export an Quicktime AMA sequence (such as Canon DSLR clips), you can export an AAF without creating Quicktime Reference files.

To do this, you must enable "AAF Edit Protocol" and Export Method should be "Link to (Don't export) Media". In After Effects Auto duck import dialog, select "Connect After Effects directly to Avid media files". AE will then link to your source files.

This only works with AMA files that AE can read. When dealing, for example, with MXF sources, you must select "Create QuickTime reference movies".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]